Sunday, July 24, 2011

Freezer-Friendly Baked Oatmeal

This was a recipe I snagged from moneysavingmom.com.  She swiped it from food.com.  So this is a 'much loved' recipe.  I followed Crystal's version which was modified just slightly from food.com.

Here are the recipes:

Crystal's version: Freezer-Friendly Baked Oatmeal

Food.com version: Amish Baked Oatmeal Recipe

This was great!  It was easy.  JJ and I made it the day before and let it sit the fridge over night.  We then heated it up the next morning for Nana & Paka since they were in town to visit.  Easy, simple AND CHEAP breakfast!  It can be frozen - so I think what I'm going to do is make this is several batches and have it frozen.  When weekends come around and we are getting low on grocery items, I'll be able to pull this out, let it thaw the night before then bake!  Great recipe!

Whoops - you can tell I'm slacking by not taking a before picture!
Here's my bowl!  Topped with fresh strawberries and milk!  Great meal!
Cost Breakdown: These are all estimates since it was a lot of baking supplies I already had on hand.

Oats: $.75
Butter: $.75
Sugar: $.25
Eggs: $.20
Spices: $.10
Milk: $.50

Total cost: $2.55
Cost for 3 adults and 1 JJ: $.64/each!

No comments:

Post a Comment