Saturday, June 11, 2011

Grilled Chicken Sandwiches with Homemade Honey Mustard

Quick easy dinner that I threw together at the last minute.  Straying from the menu a bit here, but just not enough time to get the things done to make the meals I had planned!

I had a hair cut yesterday @ 4pm, so I knew time would be short for dinner.  Since we ate out the night before, I really didn't want that to be an option again.  Once a week is my goal for us, unless we have major busyness going on.

So, grillmaster Brandon, took over the grill from me and cooked some chicken.  And did a great job :)

Its really nothing too complicated.  For the chicken I just seasoned with salt and pepper.  At the end of cooking Brandon put on cheddar cheese.

On the sandwich I put lettuce, tomato, bacon, and homemade honey mustard.

Homemade honey mustard makes me think of one thing specific - working the Farm Bureau Booth at the Delaware State Fair in the middle of the summer.  It would be scorching hot and the Farm Bureau ladies would be making this big ol bowl of homemade honey mustard.  And it was the best.  I don't think mine compares, but I'm sure since this was my first real shot at making it so hopefully it will be improved with time.

Here's what I used:

1/2cup mayo
3tbs mustard
1/2tbs honey

I think that should be about right - I eyeballed everything.  You're looking for that pale yellow look.  Adding the honey makes it sweet and really good!  Mix them together really good and then just lather your sandwich up.  It was great!


Meal cost breakdown:

3 chicken breasts: $3.00
Buns: $1.50/3
Bacon: $1.00/8 strips
Lettuce: $.50/1 leaf from a head
Tomato: $.50/1
Cheese: $.50/portion off a large block
Honey Mustard: $.25

Total Cost: $7.25 with an individual cost of $1.81 per person! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment