Monday, June 6, 2011

Honey-Soy Braised Pork Shoulder

Another fairly easy, set-it and walk away meals.  This was Saturday nights meal.

I like slow-cooker meals.  They really are mindless and you just to come in a scoop out your food and you're ready to eat.

I got this great Honey-Soy Braised Pork Shoulder from the May 20,2011 All You Magazine.  It just seemed easy enough for me!

A few things to note: it was slightly spicy.  Too spicy for MJ and almost too spice for JJ (he actually ate this!)  I would cut back on the Sriracha Sauce from 1/4cup to 1/8cup (Thanks Charis!).  That way you still have the flavoring, but just not that lingering spice that made JJ run to the sink and drink straight out of the tap (yep - he sure did).

I also used local honey!  A lady Brandon works with gave us a quart jar full of local honey!  I am not a big honey fan, but thought this was a great way to use it!  It calls for 1/2cup, which is much more than you think!

Hope you enjoy this one.  It will be on the repeat list for us - maybe not as frequently as Brandon would like, but slicing up that pork shoulder was some work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment