Friday, June 3, 2011

Home Projects

It seems we always have the same question at the end of a Friday: What are we doing this weekend?

I know we are not the only family that goes over this.  But we are a family like some that do not live near our extended family and find ourselves sort of looking for things to do on the weekend. 

This weekend it is suppose to be hot.  I mean heat advisory through Sunday night according to NWS.  Not touching 100, but 99 - so might as well be with the heat index. 

So inside.  There are so many things I would like to do inside, but I just don't know where to start!  I need to still do some organizing of my holiday boxes.  I need to still hang picture in our bedroom (I KNOW!  We've been in this house now for 6 months and still have not done this!).  I would like to create a 'kids art wall' that would be somewhere where we could hang things easily when items get created (and that is frequently here!). 

Even though its been 6 months, I still feel like our home is in a dishevel.  I don't feel as though things have found a permanent home.  With 2 small kids I know that things will get moved and not be permanently anywhere, but I just feel as though there are still barren places that need softening and love. 

Ok - so I might just be crazy (because I know that's what Brandon would say).  But I still feel this way.  Not sure what this means or what I need to do.  I think I'm going to start with the dining room and entry way.  Here are some pictures.  I'm going to show it like it is - mess and all.  The entry way has been the home to those two green boxes since January I'm pretty sure.  No matter how embarrassing that is I need to come clean about that.

Dining room looking from the kitchen.  The trim is still the color it was when we moved in.  This is a BIG project that we will tackle some time in the future.  Not any time in the near future though!
From the diagonal corner of the picture taken above.  If you notice the china cabinet & table match.  I would like to update them sometime.  But again - MASSIVE project.  '
Standing next to the china cabinet.  You can see the kitchen to the far right.  The mirror is great in that room.  But if you look, you can see a stack of Christmas stuff I have no idea what to do with.  UGH.
Entry way.  And there they are - the green boxes.  Valentine's Day decorations and some momentos from when I grew up.  NO idea what I should do with those. But once they get out of there I have a fresh palate to do something with!

So, that's it.  I will take any suggestions.  I am completely fine with doing something that incorporates the kids.  I really am not a 'formal' person that needs it to look perfect all the time.  But I feel like its not 'warm'.  Does that make sense?

No comments:

Post a Comment