Friday, July 15, 2011

Our vacation is winding down. Finally.

Well, I say finally like it's been bad. Because it's not been bad at all. We have seen both sides of the family, not rushed. I saw a good friend in College Station. I ate lots of good food. I found out my sister-in-law is expecting a baby and I will be an aunt for the first time (yea!!!). JJ went to horse camp, took swim lessons, AND played ALOT with cousins (think he probably had the best vacation out of all of us).

I did not sleep that well, but that's ok. It's hard to sleep well with MJ in the room with us. I did not enjoy taking the kids to the doctors three times, but we are all ok. So that I'm thankful for.

It's been a good trip. Texas is a wonderful place full of cool stuff. I'm proud to say I'm a Texan. And I always forget how much there is to offer here. I'm glad my family is here. I'm glad Brandon's family is here. I'm glad my kids will grow up knowing why Texas is so special.

Leaving Sunday will be bittersweet. Not sure when we'll return again. Living in Mississippi is closer than Delaware, but still feels so far. I'll be glad to get back to Mississippi and get back into a routine. Unfortunately, Brandon leaves Monday for New York for a week. And then has two subsequent week long trips in August as well. So maybe not a true routine, but close. It will be home. And home is wherever my stuff is (at least that's my motto).

So family trip Summer 2011 is winding down. I'm tired. I'm exhausted. But, it's been worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment