Saturday, August 6, 2011

Greek Hot Dogs

I didn't get around to these on Thursday night, but they were our lunch yesterday.

Instead of using regular hot dogs, I used all-beef bratwurst.

Here's what I used:

1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tbs dill (I think this might have been too much)
1 tsp of minced garlic
1/2 cup chopped cucumber, divided
4 hot dogs (or other sausage)
4 buns

I first made the tzatziki sauce.  I combined the yogurt, dill, garlic, and 1/3 cup cucumber in a food processor. I mixed it until it was smooth.  When I removed the sauce, I tasted it and thought that it was a bit too much dill and that it was too runny.  I then added the 1/2 cup of sour cream to make it a bit thicker.  A lot of the tzatziki sauces I have had have been almost a sour cream, thick consistency.  Next time I make this I will cut back on the dill and definitely add more sour cream.

Ready to be mixed.
Too much dill.
With sour cream added - still not thick enough for me. 
The bratwursts were cooked on the grill.  I just put the tzatziki on top of the bratwursts and then topped with cucumbers.  It was nice and cool.  Something different instead of the All-American dogs :)


Will make these again and probably work on making that tzatziki sauce better!

No comments:

Post a Comment