Monday, July 4, 2011

Sickness & Vacation

Vacation is suppose to be fun. And so far so good. Before we left MS last week MJ had a slight runny nose. Nothing to be alarmed with. We had her 15 month check up and had the dr. look at it. He prescribed her some steroids to knock it out.

Fast forward 8 days. We are still struggling with runny nose. But now nose is green, sticky, and thick. Yuck. MJ woke from her nap today not happy. This is not normal. She messed with her left ear. Not good.

It is the 4th of July. The birthday of America. But I took my baby girl to the dr.

Diagnosis: left ear infection caused from nasty nose. We are not going back to MS until the 17th. We need to get better. Meds have started and I hope we only go up from here.

On a side, depressing note, I'm pretty sure ear infections are contagious. My left ear hurts like the devil. Poor MJ. Poor me. Maybe back to the dr. tomorrow!

The moral of this story is you can't plan for everything. Life gives you a curve ball and you just have to swing until you knock it out. I hate not feeling well and I hate it when my kids don't feel well. But I have to learn that we grow together on each circumstance and that I will get some thing positive out of it. Eventually.

Tomorrow is JJ's big day. Day 1 of horse camp. I'm no sure how I'm going to convince him to not take his sleeping bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment