Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Final Phase: Spice Cabinet

I finished! Again, here is the before so you can completely appreciate it.


The last step to completing my spice cabinet redo was to label things.  There is really nothing more painful then to dig through spices looking for something to find you don't have it.  So I labeled everything.

I pulled everything out, shelf by shelf and put them in groups according to whether they were in a basket or not.  I did this all on the computer and saved the documents so if my spices change I can reprint without too much work.  I did one document per shelf.

After printing them out, I got my handy-dandy scrapbooking paper cutter and cut an inch blank space around the borders of the list to have some consistency in the documents. 


I then measured them, found they were all just under 5.5"x10" except for the top one, which was more like 6"x10".  I cut out the scrapbook paper, used the scrapbooking photo splits (just little pieces of two sided tape) to attach the paper to the scrapbook paper, then put them on the back of the backing to attach them to the cabinet.


And bam!  I am done :)  I like it - it looks more orderly, there is more room in there to see what is going on, and its clean.  I think the lists are going to be the best part because I won't be scrambling everywhere.
 



Yea me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment