Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Head bonks and chiggers - Oh My!

Just when you think things couldn't get worse, they always do.

After yesterday's trip to Urgent Care, I was pretty certain we had reached our max for bad things. But I was so wrong. MJ woke up at 115am upset. Gave her Tylenol and she was back out by 230am. Woke up at 4am to a wet bed. After changing her she fell asleep fast on me. Bad idea. We were sleeping in the bed and at about 6am, MJ falls out. Onto the concrete floor. No rugs, carpet, anything. Just concrete. Bad parenting moment.

I kept her up at that point to monitor her behavior, not knowing if her head hit or whatever. For all you concerned, I'm 99.9% sure she's ok. But we are exhausted.

Chiggers. A whole other story. The first night we are at my parents' new house we walked their property searching for fossils. That was Sunday. Last night I noticed all these infected welps on me. And then JJ. Daggum chiggers. They are the worst.

So please, say a prayer for me as I try to get us pointed in the right direction. And I am about 10 hrs behind on sleep at this point too. Please pray I have patience and calmness when dealing with my kids. I know I can do it, but a little help is always appreciated. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment