Thursday, June 2, 2011

Chicken with Artichokes and Lemon

This was Tuesday nights meal.  Yesterday was hectic, so I didn't get anything up online so there will be a few today!

This recipe came right out of the May 20, 2011 issue of All You Magazine.  If you haven't gotten this magazine, you should really check it out.  Especially if you coupon.   All You has had great recipes and ideas for around the house.  Check it out.  I got a subscription through Magazines.com and ended up paying only $16 for 2 years.  It was one of those super good deals, so not an everyday thing, but if you read all those frugal blogs out there you'll probably find something like this every once in a while!

So on to the recipe.  EASY, quick, and I thought pretty tasty.  There were a couple of things I messed up on (I don't think my oil was hot enough when I put the chicken in to brown), but it still tasted good!

So head over and get the recipe for Chicken with Artichokes and Lemon.  Its sort of like a chicken piccata without capers and add artichokes?  Does that make sense?  Very good stuff.  Will probably make again since the meal was reasonably priced and at least Brandon and I ate it.  I paired it with the Uncle Ben's Whole Grain Brown Rice that cooks in 90 seconds. 

Happy Eating!

Prepping the boneless chicken thighs.  These cost about $4 for 1.5 pounds.
Here's where I messed up.  Pretty sure the oil should have been hotter.  (Photo credit goes to JJ!)
Finishing up the chicken.
Last step before eating: Adding the lemon!

No comments:

Post a Comment