Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Clutter

Clutter.  What do you think when you here the word? 

I think the A&E show Hoarders.  You know, the mounds and mounds of things that people have.  Always with a logical reasoning in their head on why they have it.  Sure, that paper back from 1966 is important, but the whole years' subscription?  Is it really necessary?

Anyways, I feel like I'm dealing with clutter these days.  And I'm about to get deep here - not just the physical means of clutter, like stuff, but clutter in my life.  Things are cluttering up my daily life existence.  I feel consumed at times by just the overwhelming amount of things I need to accomplish before I go to bed.  I'm trying to evaluate everything and determine does it really have a place in what I'm here to do, or is it irrelevant and can be tossed?  Its like you're going through your Christmas decorations - do you really love that Christmas tree sweater you got as a gift 15 years ago? No.

So, looking at everything I just can't seem to figure out what I need to drop.  Work is work.  Yes, before work my life was a lot less hectic, but we need the check and its good for MJ to get go play with the kids so I think overall its worth it. 

Is selling my bags worth it?  It's something I seriously consider.  The only thing really keeping me in it is I think I'd probably buy the same amount even if I didn't sell it, so its better that I sell it so I can at least make the commission back.  But I think I'm going to need to cut back after the holidays.  Its just a multiplier to my craziness.

Well, there's one thing I can cut back.  Children - that's something I can't avoid or cut back, but brings a LOT of clutter.  Goodness - I'm constantly cleaning up, washing clothes, cooking meals for those two.  But every second of that is 100% worth it.

Church - playing piano at church seems to me the best mental break for me.  As long as I don't get frustrated.  Using that side of my brain is beyond needed and even though it does consume some time I add that time back to my mental health column. 

Hmm.....so I still have all this clutter.  I. Don't. Know. What. To. Do.

To add to the complication of all of this I agreed (and want) to run a 1/2 marathon with Brandon's cousin Tamara in April. I have exactly 186 days until the race.  Umm...I think I can probably run 1 mile right now uninterrupted in about 12 minutes.  Think training needs to start sometime.  And I know when I add this that it will also add to the mental health column, but where do I add this?

And I miss blogging.  I was on a roll this summer!  And I loved having that ability to sit down and type in recipes or other funny things that our family experiences. The last month has proven no time for that.

My goal in the next week is to write down what I spend all my time doing.  The other thing I'm considering is trying to drop all the social networking stuff.  I feel like I spend time doing that when I should be doing other things.  I'm lazy I guess.  But all media seems to make me like a deer in headlights.  I just can't look away. 

Coffee has become a must at 3pm.  This I know is not normal.  I'm hoping I can figure out in the next week where my time is going and how I can make the best of every second I'm awake without driving myself nuts. 

On that note, I'm going to go make another cup of coffee so I can get ready to cook dinner.  Hope someone else knows how this feels because I cannot imagine I'm the only one here!

2 comments:

  1. If you find the secret let me know because I can't seem to find the time to go through all the kids clothes and get them to goodwill. Instead I go through all of them each morning trying to find the one thing that fits them. Who am I kidding, I do that with my clothes too. *someday I will fit back in those great suits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it will ever be solved. I guess if I could have a main, nanny, and someone that could workout for me and I just reap the benefits. Yea. right.

    ReplyDelete