Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread

Last weekend was the first weekend of our local farmers market.  We went and I grabbed a large zucchini, 6 banana peppers, and a green tomato slicer all for $3.  If you know me, I am not the biggest fan of vegetables.  Especially those of the squash variety.  So I had to figure out what to do with the zucchini.  Oh course - zucchini bread.

I went to allrecipes.com and found a recipes for Zucchini Bread that I thought would work for us.  To add a little pizazz to it, I added 1 cup of chocolate chips to it (this ended up being 1/2 cup per loaf). I cooked the loaves in glass baking dishes, so I raised the temperature by 25 degrees (to 350F) and cooked it for just about an hour, until the knife came clean. 

Good eats!  This is what we had for breakfast this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment