Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Grilled Tilapia Soft Tacos

We have been trying to eat a little healthier (its still really hard sometimes), so I found this recipe for Grilled Tilapia Tacos in the June All You magazine.  I thought - sure!  I'll give this one a shot.

JJ and MJ are about the same speed these days - picky, picky eaters.  But I have decided on the philosophy that I will cook 1 meal, and they will just have to deal. If they are hungry, they will eat.

So, last night was the tacos.  We got a new thing for the grill that allows us to cook fish.  Brandon turned it over to me because he said he didn't know how to cook fish on the grill either so we could both equally fail.

They turned out not too bad.  With our tacos we had a mix of veggies cooked on the grill too - squash, zucchini, and carrots - all tossed with olive oil and seasoned with Weber Grill's Garlic and Herb.  They were good too!

I would probably give these a shot again.  The thing that gets me with fish is no matter how long you marinade, you just don't really taste it on the fish.  You just taste fish.  Maybe I'm missing something?  But they were still good.

Don't these look pretty!?
Starting on the grill.
Done!
Starting the fish.
Veggies ready to eat.
My plate - I think I probably negated all good from fish by slathering sour cream (it was light!) and guac on it.
This is JJ's first fish taco!
Cost Breakdown:

Tilapia: $5.00
Tortillas: $.75
Toppings (salsa, guac, sour cream): $3.50
Marinade: $.25
Veggies: $3.50

Total Cost: $13.00

Cost per person (based on 4): $3.25

No comments:

Post a Comment