Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Friends

So today as I was cleaning getting ready for my House Party, I came across the photos that were on my desk at school in Delaware.

There were several different ones: one with me and JJ when he was about 16 months riding mom's horse, Pete.  There were three professional photos of JJ, ranging from 1yo to 2yo - we were a little crazy and took him quite often to get his pictures done.  Poor MJ.  She is not well represented in our house.

And then there was one other.  One of two Christmas' ago, when I was pregnant with MJ, with 3 of my best friends.

I look at that picture and think of the friends I miss - those that are still in Delaware that I don't get to see everyday.  I miss the fun lunches we had together almost everyday, complaining about the kids (and parents) that we had in class and talking about what we were doing with our families.  I miss the fun get togethers we would have - it just felt like our families just worked together so well.

And now I'm 1000 miles away in Mississippi.  It makes me sad sometimes knowing that I don't get to see them anymore.

I feel like we only meet so many people that we can call good friends in our lives.  It makes you really appreciate the time you have with people now - you never know when you might not have that time anymore.  I hope that even though we are far away from each other that we can continue to talk and call each other good friends.

Linda, Elizabeth, and Maria - Miss and Love yall lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment