Thursday, June 2, 2011

Mahi Mahi BLT

This was suppose to be Monday's dinner.  And I REALLY wanted it Monday.  But we ended up doing all that baking on Monday afternoon so none of us was really 'hungry' when it was time to eat.  We ate a late dinner at Whataburger on our way home from Walmart that night. 

So, I was REALLY excited about cooking this last night.  But Wednesday if church night for me most weeks, so I had to get dinner together then head out quick.  So this recipe really is simple and easy, but very satisfying.

I got the recipe/idea from the June issue of Woman's Day Magazine (yes - I get a of inspiration from magazines.  Most of the time they are simple, easy recipes that I can do and enjoy!).  The difference was I used Mahi Mahi.  Their recipe, the Salmon BLT was the original idea for the week, but when I hit Kroger and saw they had Mahi Mahi for $5.99/lb, I decided to go with that instead.  Glad I did!

Two things that made this recipe stand out:

1) The sour cream horseradish sauce. Yumm.  You really can't get much better than that.  I made what was called for for 4 sandwiches.  Brandon and I were the only ones that ate and I'm pretty sure almost all that stuff was used.  It was cool and creamy.  Just really refreshing.

2)  We ate the sandwiches on the new King Hawaiian Sandwich Rolls.  These were moist and added just a touch of sweetness that went well with the salty bacon and the tangy horseradish. 

Looks like we found another winner for the summer!  Fresh and nice to eat some fish for a change!  We paired this with the broccoli salad from earlier this week.  Its hard to start thinking about making dinner tonight when I know the last 2 nights have been great!

Assembly.  I put the sour cream horseradish sauce on both sides of the bun :)
Mahi Mahi cooked in bacon grease!  Gotta love it!
I'm surprised I let it sit there long enough to get a picture.  It was so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment