Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Gooey Butter Cookies

These cookies are, well......dangerous.

I know just by reading that you're hesitant in reading on.  Oh, but you should.

When we were in Delaware, one of JJ's favorite shows was Paula Deen.  Yep.  We were watching one time and she made these Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies.  I remember Brandon and I scrambling to find the TiVo remote so we could tape what she was doing.  So I watched her make them and made them with her.  Yes, I was that punch-drunk over these cookies I didn't think about getting the recipe off the internet.

When we made them it was like angels singing.  No, it wasn't.  I'm just kidding - but when you take a bite of the cookie you almost just feel like melting they taste that good.

The recipe calls for chocolate cake mix.  I didn't have any, so this time I decided to try it with butter yellow.  Yep - still just as good.  Here are some pictures to show you.  I made a batch one night and then baked them over the next two nights.  They are so good right out of the oven.

My mixer hard at work.
Before going in the refrigerator.
After the refrigerator.

Rolled in powdered sugar before oven.
Fresh out of the oven.
Aren't they pretty?

No comments:

Post a Comment