Sunday, June 26, 2011

Blogging

This is my 82nd post.  Yes - 82nd post.  I started this thing on April 18th.  So, in basically 10 weeks I have had a LOT to say.  To me this is crazy.

I'm not an outspoken person.  I think I'm almost opposite at times.  I have opinions, but tend to just be mellow and go with the flow of most situations, as long as they are not illegal. :)

I think, does this blog mean I'm harboring all these feelings and not getting them out?  Or am I just using this blog as an outlet to tell people about things I like and dislike without being interrupted?

I like feedback.  I actually really like criticism that makes me better.  As long as that criticism comes with something positive I'm doing.

That's off topic - anyways....Its hard for me to comprehend that I have that much to say.  But I think I have a lot of good ideas and recipes and I just haven't really gotten to share them with everyone like I have wanted to.  And this blog has let me do it.

I have a few friends that have decided they were going to start to blog.  Which I think is awesome.  I hope their blogs get up and running and they do for them what this blog has done for me. You should definitely check them out: Deann's is Don't Judge Me But (love that title!) and Linda's is Linda is Learning.

So, since its my 82nd post and I haven't really told you much more about me than the 'About Me' page, here are some more interesting facts about me:
  • I was born in Houston, Texas
  • My parents are from Florida, which is why I don't have much of a 'Texas' accent
  • I moved 5 times while I was growing up to 4 different states: Texas, Louisiana, California, and Illinois
  • I had one cat growing up, KC, who lived until he was 17 (and the last 6 years he was living he had feline diabetes)
  • I was a choir geek in high school.  I think my junior year I was in the choir room 3 out of 7 periods of day - scheduled (not just skipping to be there!) plus lunch.
  • My favorite color is green
  • I'm a DIEHARD Astros fan - or should I say DISastros fan.  Oh well.  It will come around again :)
  • I love baseball. Period.  Doesn't matter who's playing, I'm all in.
  • My great, great uncle was Rogers Hornsby - maybe that's where my baseball enthusiasm comes from?
  • I bleed Maroon.
  • My favorite vacation spot is the Big Island of Hawaii
  • I miss my grandparents. A lot.
  • My favorite food is pretty much anything Cajun - I have no idea why.
  • Texas has my heart - we'll get back there someday.
  • And I couldn't be happier where I'm at now, with a wonderful husband and two perfect, but sometimes quirky children.
That's me in a nutshell.  Hope y'all are enjoying the ride with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment