Sunday, June 26, 2011

Next Home Project - Hose Patio

So on a whim yesterday, Brandon decided to lay a little brick area for the water hose.  Its in the front of our house right next to a corner.  Its uneven and would be nice to have a little patio there.

We had a ton of brick that was part of the landscaping of the house when we moved in.  It was buried in the ground and so we thought it would be something we could use.  Upon closer inspection we decided against it because all the bricks had holes in them.

I didn't get an official before picture because I didn't realize they were really starting to tear things up when they did.  *Well, I was napping :)

Brandon and JJ went to the Depot yesterday to get supplies.  The cost of supplies is going to end up being around $75 (or less - I'm just going off of what I know and accounting for another trip today).

Here is what is looks like pretty much now.  No progress was made today because me and JJ went to church and Brandon had to stay home with MJ because she has a runny nose and felt warm.  Not sure much progress will be made either today and the next few days.  We are on official countdown to vacation!  So, this might get completed while me and the kids are in Texas.

I promise I will update though when it gets done :)

Here is what it looks like now:

The little area that's being evened out.
Pulling up the turf - Brandon says this is the worse part.
Our Project Supervisor #1
Project Supervisor #2 - who was upset because he didn't have his shovel.
The supplies - its good to have a truck every once in awhile.
At least she's smart and staying in the shade.
Supervisor #2 finally getting to dig.
This is an outside project - therefore I will be taking pictures and not contributing too much.  But all I know is that my veggies need watering and the hose will get plugged in today whether its done or not so they can get a drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment