Sunday, June 26, 2011

Knock-Down Chocolate Chip Cookies

I made these Friday night.  They are knock-down, drag-you-through-the-dirt sweet.

Here's what I used:

2 1/4 cups unsifted flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks!) butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips (aka - where I got this recipe)
1 cup walnuts or pecans (optional - I did not use)

Preheat oven to 375F.

Stir flour with baking soda and salt; set aside.

My big helper.
Beat butter with sugar and brown sugar at medium speed until creamy.  I did this in my stand-mixer which worked perfectly.  Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed until incorporated.


Gradually blend dry mixture into creamed mixture.  Stir in chocolate chips and nuts (which I did not).  Drop by tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake for 9 - 11 minutes or until golden brown.

Ummm - yea.  These are SOO sweet.  I can eat one.  Maybe.  And when I took them off the cookie sheet it glistened - yes, it was shiny from the amount of butter that is in the cookies.  Holy smokes.  Do not attempt to eat these if you have high cholesterol.


Positive though - they are still soft 2 days later.  Love that they are not crunchy - I like soft cookies :)

I knew it was sweet when JJ ate one and asked for a glass of water.  HA!  Just be warned....

No comments:

Post a Comment