Thursday, June 23, 2011

Ham & Egg Sandwiches

This meal makes me think of my mom.  When I would come home from swim team practices in the summer, she would make me one of these for lunch every once and a while.  It is packed with protein, but still has lots of flavor.  Brandon and I were the only ones that ate this.  JJ had a ham and cheese sandwich and MJ just ate the ham.

Here's what I used:

1 medium sized green pepper, chopped
1/2 medium sized onion, chopped
1 tbs butter
3 eggs
1/4 cup milk
salt/pepper to taste
3 slices of cooked ham
2 sandwich rolls
cheese (optional)
mayo (optional)

Step 1: Saute Pepper/Onion

In a skillet, melt butter on med-high heat.  Add pepper and onions, stirring often.  Brandon likes really dark cooked vegetables, so depending on your preference you can cook these for as long or as short as you'd like.




Step 2: Add Egg

In a bowl, add eggs, milk, and salt/pepper.  Whisk until well blended.  Add egg mixture to the skillet and cook until done consistency.  It needs to not be too runny since you're putting it on a sandwich!

Step 3: Assemble Sandwich

On your roll, add ham and then top with egg.  If desired, add mayo and cheese.  I just eat the ham and egg mixture.  Brandon adds all the other stuff.  You really could do lots of cool variations on this.  Love this meal.
My sandwich.
Brandon's sandwich.
Cost Breakdown:

Pepper/Onion: $1.00
Eggs: $.20
Rolls: $.60
Ham $1.25

Total Cost: $3.05
Cost per person (I just counted me and Brandon): $1.53

No comments:

Post a Comment