Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Lemon-Sage Chicken

This was a pretty 'busy' recipe.  I didn't slow down much.  But it turned out well.  It is a Taste of Home recipe, but you have to have log-on information to access it, so I will give you a bootleg version!

Here's what I used:

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup grated Parmesan and Romano cheese blend
1T minced fresh parsley (I used dried)
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2T olive oil

SAUCE:
2T chopped shallot (I used an onion)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup white wine
4 1/2tsp lemon juice
1T minced fresh parsley
1tsp dried sage leaves
1tsp grated lemon peel
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
3T cold butter, cubed

Step 1
Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness.  In a shallow bowl, combine the eggs, cheese and seasonings.  Place flour in another shallow bowl.  Coat chicken with flour, then dip in egg mixture.

Step 2
In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil in batches.  Transfer to a greased baking sheet.  Bake, uncovered, at 375F for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170F.

Step 3 - Sauce
In the drippings, saute shallot until tender.  Add garlic; cook 1 minutes longer.  Add the wine, lemon juice, herbs and lemon peel; cook over medium heat until liquid is reduced by half.  Add cream; cook until thickened, stirring occasionally.  Stir in butter until melted.  Serve sauce with chicken.


I served this with my Mom's green beans.  Very good side I will post some time in the future.  If you like bacon - you will like these beans!

This was a great meal, but just took some time.

There were so many items in this meal, that I'm not going to do a cost breakdown.  I would guess it costs less that $1.50 a person.  With the green beans, I would say around $1.75.

No comments:

Post a Comment