Saturday, September 7, 2013

Busy Life

I love my life.  I will start with that.

I have 3 awesome kids who make me proud to be a mom. They learn new things daily and amaze me at the amount of love I see in them.

I love my job.  I love teaching preschool - nothing makes me prouder than seeing 4 year olds "get it".  When things click in their brain - when they get the lightbulb turned out.  I love it.  I'm shocked to be saying this - but I love it more than teaching middle/high school kids.  It's exactly where I need to be.

I love our church.  I love the family we have there.  Our small group - I cannot tell you the difference this has made in our lives.  Tuesday nights make me happy because I know I'm going to spend time with a wonderful group of people (and our kids will too!).  I love serving in our worship ministry.  I love being a part of that amazing group of talented people.

I love bags.  Y'all knew that already.  :)

And most importantly I love my husband.  He is such an important part to making things work.  He is a piece of our crazy life puzzle that just doesn't work well without him!

Now - having said all that, I have to find some time in my days for me.  Not sure what part of the above needs to suffer, because it would be hard to choose from any of those to pull back on, but it needs to happen!

I have found a 5K I would like to do on December 7th.  It is September 7.  It is exactly 12 weeks away.  I am literally sitting on the couch right now.  So this will be a couch to 5K scenario.  I can do this.  I will do this.

So, if you see me out and about and have read this I hold YOU accountable for asking me how its going.  I am going to fill out the paperwork and send in my check this week to do this race.  I am committing financially.  Now I just need to commit my time and focus to this.

Here's to new and healthier beginnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment