Thursday, November 15, 2012

I'm back!

Well, it's been since May.  But I have good excuses.  In no particular order:

1) JJ started school!  Yep - he started the big K.  He is LOVING IT. 
2) We took several family vacay's this summer!  We went to Texas for 2 weeks, B and I went to Hawaii for a friends wedding (and to celebrate our big 10yr), and I went to Kansas City to learn about ministering through music (and heard some killer musicians while there!)
3) I was pregnant, in the summer, with my third and final kiddo.  We spent a lot of time at the pool.  Enough said.
4) I started back to teaching 4 year old's again in August.  I have to say - the second year is even better than the first.

So, we were a little busy. And I didn't have really any time to chronicle anything.  JJ turned 6 in August too - that kid is amazing me every day with what he's learning at school.  I love when he comes home and is reading to ME.  Just an amazing things to watch your kids grow and learn.

Our final edition to our family was born just 3 weeks ago today - She will be known as MJ #2.  Yep - it was just 1 hour before she was born before we finally settled on a name.  It was a difficult feat to say the least.  Not sure what my hang up was.  But now that she has her name I cannot imagine her as anything else.  She's a good baby - we're still in the getting to know you phase where every night is not perfect and every meal I eat is not ideal for her.  We're working through it :)

MJ #1 is home with me and MJ #2 until January.  It has been an experience seeing her grow into her own as well.  She's 2.5 and is not afraid to show it.  Very opinionated and sometimes ridiculously loud - but love her just the same.  She has learned much of the ropes from big brother.  But her personality is definitely shining through - and it is not like the other.  She has been enrolled in dance class since August and will have her first recital at the beginning of December.  She listens really well - which I think is half of her rebellious issue.  She gets it.  She gets what she SHOULD do, but just chooses not to.  Wise for her age.  And her memory is killer - can't get anything past that one.


So, our family is complete.  We are treading water right now as we adjust to 5.  Especially me.  I dislike sleeping until 830-9-10am and am definitely NOT a night owl.  But MJ #2 has taught me patience and respect for all things and I'm hoping this will just make me a better person.  All I know is she is going to be SPOILED since she's the last!  I love holding her!!

To be continued - I am going to attempt to start my menu's again and share some of the funny things I think about at 2am.  I hope the ride is fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment